The Ethnographic Museum of Lovech is located between two neighbouring houses – the Drasova and the Rashova houses – in the old neighbourhood “Varosha”.
The expositions at the two houses recreate the households of Lovech families towards the end of the XIX century and the early XX century.
Built during the first half of the XIX century, the Drasova house is among the most typical for the region of Lovech and its architecture is very well preserved. The exposition recreates the household appearance of a wealthy merchant family. The transition from the traditional Revival era household towards the more urban interior, strongly influenced by Western Europe, is shown. The exhibited objects at the Drasova house are completely original and were the property of families from Lovech. The different rooms on the living floor present all elements specific for a Lovech house. In the basement is a display of large wine barrels that were used to age wine.
Right next to the Drasova house is the Rashova house, which has an almost identical architectural style and was built around 1835. The last owner of the house, Nencho Rashev, a socially engaged man and a cultural figure, bequeathed the building to the Museum of History. The Rashova house presents the atmosphere within a moderately wealthy family during the 1930's and 1940's. Displayed within the rooms are mannequins dressed in attire typical for the era, the crafts of the family members are presented as well. The mixing of styles in both souses is quite notable – traditional Bulgarian furniture coexists with stylish sets and other items bearing Western European influence. In the newly wed couple's bedroom one can find wooden slippers with satin.
One of the rooms within the Rashova house is dedicated to Nencho Rashov himself. His personal effects, library and desk are exhibited, along with his musical instruments and his portrait.
The museum also offers information materials and souvenirs.